If you’re looking for a website you can never make changes to, won’t rank well on Google and is as boring as bird watching, you’re in the wrong place.
Cause I don’t make those kinds of sites.
I do the opposite.
WordPress website development with well-done graphics, coded into this powerful content management system so YOU can make changes on your own, and SEO lovin’ is what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.
Then, to spice things up even more, I include social media integration, content set up, image galleries, video embeds, site security, forms and more.
In fact, my WordPress website development package consists of 67 FEATURES, all-inclusive, PLUS over 8 additional add-ons, such as e-commerce, calendars and CRM integration that you can add to your order.
Here’s what you can expect in a nutshell when you work with me as your WordPress web developer:
- Clear communication and frequent updates on the progress of your site.
- Deliverable deadlines and project management organization. The “horrible web guy” experience won’t happen with me!
- SEO, journalism and marketing expertise.
- Testimonials describing my track record and high work ethics.
- Access to a large network of related service providers including photographers, designers, illustrators and more.
Interested in getting started? Let me know your needs and ideas by writing to:
Here are the best qualities of working with me as your Vancouver WordPress Web developer:
1) Security measures (I see a lot of developers not taking basic security actions on people’s sites. While I can’t guarantee your site will never get hacked, as no one can, I do everything I know of to keep things secure).
2) Documented programming – this means that I use only code that another developer could come in and know what to do with. In other words, if I fall off the face of the earth or you decide you don’t like me anymore, everything I use, and tactics I implement in your site, is released under General Public Use License which means it is standardized and documented so other developers can read the principles by which the site was made, and come in to make more changes without it having to cost you a lot (or at least it shouldn’t). This is by no means a “low-quality” way of doing things – it future-proofs your site, and is very valuable to work with a developer who has been educated in these universal, standardized principles. If you need another developer in the future, it should definitely not be a start-from-scratch scenario again. I know that’s a pet peeve in the industry, so when I started my business I was conscious to avoid these common frustrations customers had with their former web experiences.
3) SEO – search engine optimization – that’s where I started, so my sites are made with that in view, always :) A lot of my SEO clients whose sites I did not build end up having to do some re-development on their site because, as the saying goes, “web developers keep SEOs in business.” I’ve been shocked to see some of the horrible code that goes into some sites I’ve done audits on, completely ignoring the impact that the programming will have on SEO. But don’t take my word for it, you might be interested in this article by SEO and WordPress guru Joast De Valk: http://yoast.com/seo-paul-boag/
4) Really good communication :) This is also something I noticed was happening in the industry: bad communication. People got so frustrated with their developers not being available, or not answering emails. So I make a promise to return emails asap. And again, if I do end up making you hate me, you will have a site that is open-source, standardized and documented, so you can fire me really easily :)
5) Excelling, top-grade website design standards! For an explanation on this I encourage you to read my article titled “How does a good web team make decisions about your website design?”
Your site will also be built on WordPress, which is a state of the art content management system that makes it really easy to update content on your site. I tell people, if they can use e-mail and Microsoft Word, they shouldn’t have a problem using WordPress :) WordPress is so advanced, it now runs more than 16% of the internet, so it really is ‘the way of the future.’
What do these WordPress websites cost?
The custom WordPress web development I do is sold by others for several thousand dollars. I work with designers to bring you the same quality for under $6000 (usually about $4500 – $5000 as a starting point, which would then increase for add-ons such as e-commerce, extra template pages, stock image purchases, additional functionality, content architecture planning, custom development, responsive coding and so on).
If you are confident taking care of your own design, don’t need much customization, or are ok with great-looking templates, development fees can be reduced (again, as a base starting point without e-commerce or other customizations). Please ask for details! In most cases you will need a designer!
“Can you work with my designer to create my site in WordPress?”
You bet I can! You and your designer will need to be a web designer, understanding the technology of WordPress, know what acronyms such as “GUI,” “UX” and “UI” stand for, know how to design for the technology they are working with, not try to force technology to fit into their design, know what is possible to design with pure CSS nowadays, know the latest Web browser standards, know how to plan their design for mobile responsive code, etc. They will also need to be ok with the following:
- Delivering original Photoshop (.psd) files of your site design for development to be possible.
- In some cases, special requests for certain file types may be sent to the designer. We are not responsible for fees your designer may associate with this type of correspondence.
- We are also not responsible for any copyright infringements your designer may have caused while designing your site.
Give me an e-mail shout for more details! Write to [me at joycegrace dot ca]. It should look like this when you type it into your e-mail program:
If that doesn’t work, feel free to try LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/joyceontheweb