I’ve thought about this section, and I think the best way to describe my marketing experience is to give you snippets from my resume.
That should do most of the talking.
While working for a Vancouver business centre on a marketing contract
- Developed & marketed Web site.
- Established and managed a social media campaign using Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other tools.
- Wrote Web content & professional press releases.
- Developed a new logo and colour scheme to match a branding scheme.
- Designed and printed brochures as sales tools.
- Held sales presentations with potential office leaseholders.
- Planned and executed ‘Lunch ‘n Learn’ events to further publicize the company’s value offering to its current clients.
While working as a full-time marketing & sales coordinator for an Internet company
- Strategized and executed marketing plans to increase brand awareness and boost sales.
- Wrote press releases, blog posts and Web page content.
- Project managed Web development and e-marketing projects.
- Performed search engine optimization (SEO) for clients.
- Engaged in speaking presentations to organizations and wrote regularly on Internet marketing for local publications.
- Designed promotional materials including Web ads, brochures, posters, print ads and logos.
- Networked, held consultations, cold called and pitched sales presentations.
- Handled publicity campaigns and media relations inquiries.
- Planned events and tradeshows.
While working for a food product importer and distributor
- Encouraged sales of unique food items by sampling products and entertaining dialogue with customers at special events or demonstrations.
While selling Telus Mobility phone plans
- Pitched sales presentations, endorsed products and signed new clients onto Telus Mobility plans.
While working for a small, local newspaper as a journalist
- Researched and reported for the once-weekly newspaper. Articles ranged from news to features and opinion.
- Multi-tasked by managing the Web site, copy editing, taking photos and designing pages on publishing software.
While working for an Internet company
- Developed and conducted a two-part, 8-hour course on search engine optimization (SEO), social media and other online marketing.
- Devised and launched a program aimed at forming alliances with businesses in related industries to secure referrals for company products and to develop an expanded sales force in the community.
‘The 6 week online business makeover: SEO & e-marketing for small businesses’
- Co-authored an e-book and tracked conversion results with an e-mail marketing system
Women in Business Campaign
- Tapped in to a growing and active group of female entrepreneurs to increase sales by offering a specially ‘packaged’ Web development and SEO product. Also used the campaign for publicity and involvement in the community.
BA Communication, Burnaby, B.C. Canada
Diploma, Journalism, Vancouver, B.C. Canada